SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Internal Auditor in executing the internal audit plan, participating in the day to day execution of internal audits;
- Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business operations and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks
- Participate in gathering relevant information during audit phase to obtain a good participate in scoping meetings with auditees to explain and refine the scope and
objectives of the audit engagement
- Draft the audit announcement memo
- Draft flowcharts and/or process narratives to document IA’s understanding of the business process to be audit.
- Identify basic inherent risks and expected mitigating controls
- Participate in closing meetings with auditees at the end of fieldwork to explain identified issues
- Participate in performing audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with PRG IA methodology
- Make a basic evaluation of the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives.
- Identify and document control and process weaknesses as supported by available evidence.
- Draft write-ups of audit findings in line with PRG IA methodology
- Assist the Internal Auditor to engage auditees on the provision of management actions.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND), preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance with 2-3 years’ experience in auditing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Personal integrity with strong ethical values
- Good analytical capability
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision where required
- Good self and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop self
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
All interested applicants with the requisite qualification should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, August 31, 2019.